Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pacquiao vs. Cotto, Lebron's ''23 movement'', and the school fair.


I'm writing this blog at quite an inconvenient time, for one it's a school night, and I just got home from practice with Coach Jolly. Oh yea, plus we had to do some stupid "star formation" thing in school, before we get on with the blog I wanna talk about this real quick; what the hell does the school plan to achieve with this retarded human star stunt? The only thing this will do is get everyone sick. Seriously, first the burning humid soccer field; then straight to the air conditioned auditorium? That is wack. Being the genius that I am, I used my other classmates as shade while I twittered away on my phone, now that, is what you call being productive.

Back to the blog, our first topic is of course the Miguel Cotto and Manny Pacquiao fight over the weekend, during which I actually lost a sum of money because of the outcome. Recapping the fight; I was very happy in the first round and I felt like I would end the day a little bit richer, since Cotto just trashed the Pacman in that round, that didn't last long as Pacquiao exploded on Miguel Cotto in the latter rounds, the most interesting round is definitely the twelfth round, this is when the referee stepped in and cut Cotto's night 55 seconds short of completion. If I was the official in that round, I wouldn't have done anything, I would just let the man finish what he started. Look, Miguel fought hard all night long, he trained his ass off for months, and he's made it this far, give me one good reason to stop the fight with only 55 seconds left? Miguel might even have landed a lucky punch within that time and turned the momentum! (Far fetched, but hey, anything can happen out there.) In effect of what that referee did, Cotto dosen't get to see the scorecards, I lose some of my money, and worst of all, a new Manny Pacquiao commercial is probably in the works. God save us.

One of the things that really caught my attention in this fight was Miguel Cotto's awesome wardrobe, if you watched the fight then you probably saw his wicked entrance gear that had "Miguel Cotto" written on it. Anyone know where I can get some Miguel Cotto apparell? Reebok? His tribal tattoos also look awesome, totally match his body and his gear. Man, if that stuff wasn't permanent, I'd get myself one of those. Miguel Cotto is a hot man. (Awkward) To finish off this boxing segment, everyone is looking forward to a Pacquiao and Mayweather match-up, I am too. Manny Pacquiao dosen't stand a chance against the greatest fighter of this generation, Floyd is gonna take him out quick and easy, and live up to his nickname "Money May", that fight will make me rich. Mayweather 2010!

Time for some basketball talk, this week Lebron James pulled off another major publicity stunt by changing his jersey number from 23 to the number 6. (Pause as Cavs fans go crazy) Okay, were you able to swallow that? No? Well too bad, it's already happening. When Lebron announced this, he stated that the reason for his sudden numerical change was because he wanted to honor Michael Jordan, and start a movement to retire the number 23 in all NBA teams. Here's what I say; Screw you Lebron! Not surprisingly, he seems to be the only one who thinks that would be cool, since other players who don the number 23 have not made any changes to their jersey number, and David Stern has not passed any ruling in favor of this movement. In other words, everyone thinks it's a bunch of stupid crap coming from Lebron's big mouth. Retiring a number is perfectly fine when it comes to the player's respective team, but league wide? Stupid ass.

If ever they did pull this nonsense off, it wouldn't only be Michael Jordan, you have to consider guys like; Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbaar, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Bill Russel etc. The NBA would run out of numbers from 0-99!

Tomorrow is my school's fair, which will be celebrated in honor of "foundation week", I know for a fact that a lot of you look forward to stuff like this, but I also know that some of you, like myself, think that it is simply a giant, money laundering scheme. If you're one of the people who think it's a scheme, pat yourself in the back because you are one smart person. As for you people who love this fair stuff, let me give you five reasons to start hating it.

1. Fair shirt - This is a total crime, the fair shirt is something forcibly issued upon you every year, and this year, they decided to change it from white, to green. Yes, the evil color of the Boston Celtics. I cannot wear it, you'd have to kill me before you get me to wear it. Purple and gold for life.
2. Attendance - This is their way of luring us smart people into the evil scheme, even if we don't want to go, they say that attendance will be checked, so it's either you go or get another absence scratched on your report card. Maybe you call it school policy, but I call it blackmail.
3. Catchers - If you don't know what this thing is, it's basically a concept of having a certain group of students assigned to be "catchers" and they just go around grabbing their fellow students in order to collect ten bucks from you. Imagine for all the people they catch, they steal ten bucks from each one. Sure it may seem cheap at the time, but as you calculate the total, you could just piss yourself.
4. Beverages - This evil system takes advantage of our basic human instinct. (In my biology teacher's tone of voice) Being a living organism, we require food and water to keep our bodies going, so here is the scenario; You're under the sun in a packed school campus, causing you to sweat, sweating makes you lose fluids, and losing fluids makes you thirsty, thus you go and look for a drink to replenish what you lost. So you're thinking, Coke, Sprite, Gatorade, Slushee, or maybe just water. How much are those? 20 bucks? Well in the school fair, those would cost you around forty bucks! Pure evil.
5. Activities - Hey that sounds fun! Marathon running, Basketball, Laser-tag, on stage performances. Oh look, you need 300 bucks to join in. Damn.

HIGHWAY ROBBERY

Time for me to prepare myself for tomorrow's highway robbery, but before that; Are you looking for some awesome new clothes for your wardrobe? Well I've got exactly what you need! Check out Trilogy Botique over at 110 Alvion Center, Rada Street Legaspi Village, Makati City, they've everything you need to wear in there; cool shirts, eyewear, footwear, pants you name it! You can visit their website over here. November is not yet over so please try your best to reach out to kids all over the world, visit Carlo Herrera for Unicef or Unicef Team Selena and help us help kids from around the world live better lives. Did you catch the Laker game earlier? Kobe nailed 40 points over the Pistons, if you want all the details and more, visit The Lakeshow Express your best Laker news source in the country. Keep up with me and my minute-by-minute adventures by following me on twitter @CarloHerrera.

Love the fair? Hatemail? Think it's cool to retire the number 23? Fanmail? Donations? mailto;thecarlochronicles@yahoo.com