Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

This week in sports, "Kiss & Tell", and my amazing day.


Yeaaa maaan! I am incredibly ecstatic right now, and that's because I am having an unbelievable amount of fun today, which you probably already know if you're following me on Twitter. I'll get to that later though, since I was not able to cover all the amazing events in the sports world last Sunday, let's start off with UFC 103, great match-up, Vitor Belfort and Rich Franklin going at it in the Octagon. I have been supporting Rich Franklin for about two years now and it's really upsetting to see him go down in just a few seconds, I really though this was going into the second round with Rich and Vitor playng it smart, but Vitor found that hole in Rich Franklin's defense and took full advantage of it, referee stopped the fight immeadiatley. Before I get to the Mayweather and Marquez fight, how bout' the Ateneo game that afternoon! Great job knocking out UST from the UAAP playoffs, 81-64, I really have to give props to the following; Coach Norman Black, he told the team to trust him and that he would lead them to victory, and he did that exactly. To my second cousin, Jai Reyes, he came up big with 19 points down the stretch, and when you see this guy play, you remember that it's all about fundamentals. And of course to the ever beatiful Courtside Princess Jessica, for giving me a reason to watch the UAAP. Go Ateneo! One big fight! On to boxing now, we had Mayweather and Marquez in the ring, supposedly the winner would face the winner of the Pacquiao and Cotto fight. The fight went all twelve rounds, but I had Mayweather winning all twelve by a landslide, Marquez's best round was probably the fifth, but still, I had Mayweather winning that round. If you are stuck in an island and haven't watched that fight yet, it was so one sided, Mayweather was playng with Marquez the whole time, just jabbing the time away, the referee even asked Marquez in the sixth round if he wanted to continue! That's how bad it was for Juan Manuel, Floyd just took pity on him. If you weren't entertained enough after the fight, that's probably because you werent watching Pay Per View, cause if you were, you probably saw what happened in the ring right after Floyd Mayweather won, Shane Mosley went in, and pulled off a total Kanye on Floyd's victory speech, Mayweather got pissed and they almost went at it, so much trash talk, awesome! It kinda makes you wonder though, will Mayweather fight Shane Mosley before Pacquiao or Cotto in 2010? Whatever happens, I'm sure Floyd can knock Mosley and Pacquiao out cold, yea I said it, you over patriotic bastards, if ever we see a Pacquiao versus Mayweather in 2010, it's goodnight for your Vitwater drinking Pacman! Mayweather 2010!

So back to my great day, we technically had no classes today, I mean we had; art, music, home economics, then we sat in the CPA waiting for dismissal time, during which I got to sing along to "Send it on", people around me were staring but I didn't care, gotta represent Disney man! On my way home, I decided to call Andi and Jessica for the Chupa Chups thing, and yes I got it! I just got a thouand bucks and a whole lot of Chupa Chups baby! The day ain't over so I'm planning to go for a Samsung Jet tonight, courtesy of the Boys. I'm going to stretch my luck as far as I can, you'll know how it turns out by following me on Twitter, @CarloHerrera.

September 29th, please mark that date on your calendars, yes it is the release date for Selena Gomez's "Kiss & Tell", for those of us in the Philippines, that's the 30th, if you're as big a Selena Gomez fan as myself, contact me so we can camp outside the record store together, bring a sleeping bag and some Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

I gotta plug some stuff here, my new blog site is in the works, hopefully it will be up and running over the weekend, so wait for that, of course you can always stay updated and catch me play by play on Twitter, @CarloHerrera. Just 34 days to NBA tip-off, and the Ateneo's championship game on Sunday goodluck guys! I am still looking for interviews with notable people for this blog, I missed the Selena Gomez online press conference earlier today since I had school, sorry bout that. Right now I really want an interview with Senator Dick Gordon and/or Camille Villar, who can make it happen? Oh, and thank you to the good people at Nike Stadium for sending me the Nike Pro Kobe board, really appreciate it, if you're going to watch the Ateneo this weekend, why not go there looking fly, get your Ateneo merchandise from Jai Reyes at the "A shop" during game day or you can visit their multiply, BlueCrewPinas for more info.

Comments? Hatemail? Mental rants? Want to get plugged? mailto;thecarlochronicles@yahoo.com