Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween edition; NBA tip-off, Caron Butler, and Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner's night out.


Trick or Treat! Welcome to the Halloween Edition of my blog, I hope you all have something planned for the day and I'm glad you took the time to check this out, as you know I will be doing the "Trick or Treat for Unicef" project this year, and if you want to make your Halloween count you can share what you have with kids all over the world by visiting Carlo Herrera for Unicef or my team captain's page Unicef Team Selena and give even a small amount to our project.

Before we begin, let's warm up with a fun little game. Was that good? Okay, moving on, the NBA tipped off two days ago with an exciting TNT double header match-up between the Celtics and Cavaliers, followed by the Lakers and Clippers main event, the two L.A. teams that recently fought for the preseason shootout championship. The Lakers also recieved their out of this world championship rings that day, and I must say that these are probably the best rings ever created. As of today I think we can already see that this is going to be one hell of a season. Boston already has two wins, the one over Cleveland, and yesterday's 33 point Bobcats beating. There were some really close games yesterday, if you watched them, you probably wet your pants at some point and the best one for me was the Rockets and Warriors game; Goldenstate put up a fight led by Monta Ellis with 26 points at 50% field goal shooting, the Warriors had a total of six players in double digits, got their rebounds, led in both fastbreak and in the paint points, and they shot the ball well with a team total of 49.4% field goal percentage, but that did not cut it as they went down 1 point shy against Trevor Ariza and the Houston Rockets 107-108. Another fact that I am enjoying right now, is that the Cleveland Cavaliers, I mean; Lebron James, is struggling like a kitten that was hit by a car, although Lebron posted an unbelievable amount of points, 38 against the Celtics and 23 with a triple-double against the Raptors, they still have not won a game. This is exactly what selfish arrogant people deserve. (Bet you Cavs fans are gonna flood my inbox with hatemail) The Clippers also seem to be struggling as they go down 0-2 without the injured Blake Griffin. See, the Clipper curse is real! Bwahahaha! (Just to add to the Halloween theme).

So since I can't give you guys any candy, let's just use the phrase Trick or Treat to help me start a topic. First, the trick is courtesy of the Lakers as they find a loophole in the NBA's new; "No standing while on the bench" rule, the rule allows the league to impose fines on players who stand up when supposedly on the bench. This trick looks like something from the movies, but what do you expect, it's Hollywood. Now that, was a perfect display of the Laker's team chemistry and ingenuity. As for the treat, let's have some sweet stuff by talking about Caron Butler and his secret obsession. Like Lamar Odom and candy, Caron Butler and Mountain Dew go together like Orange and Black on Halloween. In one of his recent blogs, JE Skeets wrote about how Caron Butler lost weight over the off-season, if you have not noticed, Caron lost about 11 pounds since last year's terrible season for the Wizards. Caron lost those 11 pounds by halting his Mountain Dew intake for the whole summer. In an interview this week Caron said that in a day, he would at least have six bottles of Mountain Dew, he also said that giving up Mountain Dew was the hardest thing he ever had to do. I don't know how much you guys love soda, but that's just messed up. Caron should just go pay a visit to this guy, they're gonna be best friends. They can drink soda together in this awesome living room.

Off the basketball court and on to the stands, we have news regarding teen sensations Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner hanging out in the second row of a recent Laker game. I personally don't give a shit, but sources say that after the Laker game, the two headed over to the Beverly Wilshire Hotel at about 10:00PM that night and were never seen leaving. Hmmm... talk about Trick or Treat! It's cool, just remember Mr. Lautner, you better stay away from my Selena Gomez, or I swear I'm gonna fly right there, force you to chew the whole Twilight book series, and stick it up your ass. I'm not kidding.

Like I said in my last blog, Halloween over here isn't really the best thing to experience. If you go Trick or Treating, you only end up with sore legs, stale hard candy, fake Oreos, and some stuff you don't wanna know anymore about. Halloween parties here on the other hand, require you to pay about a thousand bucks in gas money, and five hundred bucks to party. So like I usually do on occasions like this, I'm gonna tell you guys my gameplan for the day, and maybe you can get some ideas from it. Here we go; We got practice in the morning, so I'm gonna come with some Chupa Chups for the guys, then I'll get ready to go out and start the Unicef Trick or Treat project, after which I'll go home to watch The Simpsons marathon and Wizards of Waverly Place the movie, while I eat a bowl of candies and ice cream until I fall asleep. Oh yea, some readers were asking what my costume was gonna be, I'm actually still unsure about what my costume will be, I'm thinking of going as either Vick the Brick or D.J. AM. You can find out exactly what I'm doing anyway since I'll be Tweeting as I go. @CarloHerrera.

I'll now be letting you get back to your own Halloween plans, but please do try your best to help out "Trick or Treat for Unicef" again it only takes seconds to send your help so visit Carlo Herrera for Unicef or my team captain's page Unicef Team Selena, and help kids all around the world. Also just because it's Halloween doesn't mean you have to miss out on your daily dose of Laker basketball, got to your one stop source for all that is purple and gold, The Lakeshow Express. For those readers in the States, I really want some Laffy Taffy, if you can send me a bag of Laffy Taffy, I'll plug you in my next blog. Check in with you guys next time.

Hatemail? Comments? Fanmail? Donations? Candy? mailto;thecarlochronicles@yahoo.com