Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Catching up to Tiger Woods, Miley Cyrus, and "The Answer" returns to Philly.


Happy December to all of you, it's the best month of the year yet again, and I say this because it starts getting cold, my birthday is in this month and of course Christmas. While we're on that yes it was my birthday on the third, and I just want to thank everyone who greeted me and sent me a gift, you guys really made it awesome. I really appreciate the stuff some of you readers sent over; I got some Selena Gomez posters, a basketball, a digital watch, and some cash. Sponsors please!

In my last blog we talked about Tiger Woods and how he crashed his Cadillac into a fire hydrant, there was also some speculation that his wife was the one that tried to take him out with a golf club, during that time, I was not able to say much on the topic since the supplied information was raw and scarce. Not today! We have so much to cover, all thanks to ten loud mouthed, gold digging whores. General reports have been indicating that there are four mistresses, but after a whole lot of research, I was able to muster ten women from different sources here is the list of alleged mistresses;

Rachel Uchitel
Jamie Grubbs
Kalika Moquin
Jamie Jungers
Cori Rist
Mindy Lawton
Holly Sampson
No name available
No name available
No name available

Tiger Woods must feel like he just fell into a pile of elephant shit, so many girls constantly harassing his formerly clean name, and again, this all began with a little dispute between Tiger and his wife; sources say that not only did she hit the car, she broke some furniture and even Tiger's cellphone, not to mention the scratches on Tiger's face of course. That brings me to another point, why is it that people discriminate men so much? I mean do you all remember when Chris Brown lost it on Rhianna? Everyone started to condemn him, he lost so much of his fans and was branded as an abusive criminal. When a dude hits a girl he is not only branded as a homosexual, but also has to face domestic violence charges. Newsflash you geniuses! What do you call scratching your husbands face, breaking his phone and smashing his sexy car? Don't you call that abuse? Equal rights means whatever gender you are, you get the same treatment. Let's all join hands brothers, justice for Tiger Woods! No more bitch-slapping!

Before I move on, I want to tell you all the worst part of this whole Tiger Woods mess, it's not the frequent stalking, the rumors or the abusive behavior of his wife. The worst part is that Gatorade has officially discontinued "Gatorade Tiger", nooooo! I see why the media and the women are trying to give him a hard time, but why must they take away Gatorade Tiger? It's a drink! It had nothing to do with any of this stuff! Sometimes people just have to know where to draw the line.

I took in a huge dose of Miley Cyrus last week, and quite surprisingly, I kind of enjoyed it. This must be coming as a surprise to frequent readers, since you probably know that Miley isn't really our favorite person around here, neither is her brother Trace. I can totally explain; it all started in my room, I was on Disney Channel and I just finished watching Wizards of Waverly Place, it was followed by Hannah Montana, the episode was a very old one, the one with Corbin Bleu from Highschool Musical guesting. I never saw the whole episode before so I decided to sit and watch. I couldn't help but notice how different Miley looked before and right now. That episode actually got me thinking that Miley was kinda cute; no makeup, a bit of an overbite, and just looking plain and simple. The next incident, happened at the mall; I went over to Power Books looking for a good read, I went about looking at the books, and there it was, "Miles to go" by Miley herself. I felt weird as I was taking it from the shelf, but once I opened the vain covers and started reading, I got really into the story. In the book, she seemed so real, so relative, it even had a number of lists regarding random topics just like the ones I use in this blog. I ended up sitting in the same spot for about an hour inside the bookstore just reading this book. Putting a lid on this Miley talk, if you have an extra 20 dollars or 1000 pesos lying around, try grabbing the book, you might actually like it, of course if you don't wanna shell out your cash, you can just do what I did and read the open copy in the bookstore.

I don't know how he does it, but Allen Iverson always finds a way to get his name on my blog. He's like one of those kids who always shows up in detention, and the thing about kids in detention is, they are always in for different reasons. Don't get me wrong, I used to be one of those kids in the fifth grade, hell, I was once sent there four times in one day! Allen Iverson on the other hand, we talked about how he got a second chance with Detroit, how he could have made Memphis work, how he was signed to a really cheap contract and the last time was how he left Memphis because he simply wasn't happy with the lineup.

I thought that it would be the last time I would have to discuss Allen Iverson's career, I wrote two articles about him in the same month, one was technically a report on Kobe stealing his spot on the all-time scoring list, and the other which can be found on this blog, stated; "See what this ballhog did to his career? He totally ruined it, from 20 million dollar all-star, to minimum contract inactive. Garbage." That was where I left it, strong criticism for a player who was once compared to Kobe. I did not think that I would have to write about him again after his retirement last week, all the more this soon. So let's get on with it, Allen Iverson started his career in Philadelphia, he was drafted 1st overall in the same draft class as Kobe Bryant, (ironic huh?) Allen lit up the Sixers franchise but failed to ever bring them a ring. When the franchise realized his ankle-breaking and scoring were not getting them anywhere, they shipped him off to Denver where he and Carmelo were killed off by the Lakers in the first round of the playoffs, the Nuggets shipped his ballhogging ass to Detroit where he epically destroyed the franchise, causing him to sign with Memphis. After a few months with the team, he decided to call it quits and retire. Two days later, here he is signing with the Sixers yet again! I want to ask, did the Sixers do this as a sign of respect? Did they do this because they pitied the fool? Or, do they actually think this guy can help?

Nevertheless, the goal is always to sell tickets and earn some cash. I think we can safely say that they accomplished that, A.I. marked his return to Philadelphia against the Denver Nuggets two days ago, and the crowd went crazy at first glimpse of the returnee. It looked like the crowd was ready for a championship, every time he made a basket, the whole arena got on it's feet. All the hype did not last long with Allen Iverson making only four out of the eleven shots he took, plus the Sixers lost by ten points. As much as I would like to complain and criticize this transaction, there is a certain sentimental value in his return to Philadelphia, all I can say now is that; with his career finally appearing as if it came full circle, I really do hope this will be his last campaign and find a way to gracefully find a home in the heart of basketball history.

The Unicef Halloween project has been extended all the way until the end of this year, that's really good news for all you who want to help out, donating is very easy, all you need to do is visit Carlo Herrera for Unicef or Unicef Team Selena all proceeds go to less-fortunate kids all over the world, giving them vaccinations, medicine, school supplies and other basic needs. If you're looking for some hot finds in apparell for Christmas, you can go check out Trilogy Botique at 110 Alvion Center, Rada Street Legaspi Village, Makati City. I got some pretty interesting topics lined up for my next blog, I hope I can finish it right before my final exams, stupid mathematics. The Lakers are back on top of the league early this season, keep up with your favorite team through the country's best source for Laker news, The Lakeshow Express. Stay up to date with me and get a live broadcast of what I'm doing or where I am by following me on twitter, if you are following me, you probably saw the blog topics coming; @CarloHerrera.

Hatemail? Are you anti-Tiger Woods? Another idea on how the Nets can bounce back? Fanmail? Donations? mailto;thecarlochronicles@yahoo.com