
Last time I gave you my full breakdown and analysis of the ten starters for the 2010 All-Star game, those are the top ten vote recipients according to their respective position eligibility. Today, I bring you the Coach selections for the All-Star game reserves, each conference team will have seven reserves to supplement the five locked in players, totaling a twelve man roster. For me, I feel that the reserves are always more interesting to analyze than the starters. Let's be honest, are any of you surprised that Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, or Dwight Howard made the line up? Seriously, the biggest surprise would have to be Steve Nash being able to overtake Tracy Mcgrady in the last few hours of votation, and thank God for that. Imagine if Tracy Mcgrady got to play, that would have been the biggest injustice since the Holocaust!
West
Kevin Durant
I agree with this 100%. Not only was Kevin Durant left out of last year's mention, but this guy has been performing at such a high level as of late. I can vouch for Kevin Durant and say that he may be the third or fourth best player in the league today, following Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. In fact, I think he deserves to start over Carmelo Anthony, but what am I going to do, Denver is a bigger market than Oklahoma.
Pau Gasol
Solid selection here, obviously I am happy about Pau Gasol being in the All-Star game because well, he's a Laker. But what came into my head was, Pau Gasol, equals the Tim Duncan of the bench. If it were up to me, Pau Gasol deserves to start at forward, but since it's between him and Tim Duncan, Tim Duncan gets the thumbs up. I can't complain, two players from the same team starting in the game is really an eyesore. Yea, I'm targeting you Phoenix Suns.
Dirk Nowitzki
Another forward who deserves to start, but again because of Tim Duncan, was not able to. Dirk has had a spectacular season, he is like the glue pulling Dallas together. I won't try and sound smart by saying it's Jason Kidd who's holding the Dallas Mavericks, because it's not true and it's obviously Dirk. There are too many reasons why Dirk is so deserving of this spot, but the only one that actually "sticks" to my mind is how he managed to survive Carl Landry's front teeth. After that both of them earned my respect, speaking of which, where's Carl Landry's name on this list?
Chris Paul
I love Chris Paul. I can tell you the top reasons why I love Chris Paul; His name is cool, it sounds like that robot from Star Wars, he's photogenic, the colors of his jersey look great on him and he is just so cool. I don't know why he is, but he is. I don't have much of a problem with him being here, but to be honest, it's just not fair. Chris Paul has trademarked this season with visits to the hospital because of his succeeding injuries. The Hornets suck and that's that.
Zach Randolph
I don't know how to put this without getting any hatemail, but I'll say it anyway. I don't want this guy on the All-Star team. He looks like freaking Grizzly bear, ugly ass dude. I want to give him props though, his numbers are just beautiful, averaging 20 points and 12 rebounds, that's monster stuff. Then again, it's all because of Memphis being such a small market. Still, he's one ugly dude.
Brandon Roy
Brandon Roy will likely not participate in the All-Star game due to a hamstring problem. He's listed as day-to-day but I doubt he will risk further damage to his hamstring. The question now is, who will take his place? Probably nobody, but if there were to be a late selection, who would it be? I say either Carl Landry (because of the teeth incident) or Tony Parker (so that the camera will keep cutting to Eva Longoria Parker during the game), tell me what you think through the e-mail address at the bottom of this article. Go Tony Parker!
Deron Williams
Good, I can be satisfied with that. But then again, he just won't bring as much fun into the game as the other stars would, he's good and worthy but not explosive, just like Tim Duncan and Pau Gasol.
East
Chris Bosh
Chris Bosh should be in the starting line-up, Kevin Garnett was just crap this year compared to him, he's the best power forward in the league statistics wise. The fans find new ways to prove their stupidity every year, and this is one of those ways, I should be writing about Kevin Garnett right now.
Al Horford
Yeeeees! Thank you lord, you have not let me down. I voted for Al Horford as the Eastern center in my 2010 All-Star ballot, but I didn't actually think he was even going to make the reserves! I swear, this guy is really awesome, there's just something about him that I like. I don't know what it is, but I like him, just like how I think Chris Paul, the Knicks, and Kelenna Azubuike are cool.
Paul Pierce
As you older readers may think, maybe I owe this guy an apology, after relentlessly bashing at him and Kevin Garnett last year. Too bad, I won't be apologizing to him. I still hate the Celtics for what they have done over the years, from Larry Bird to this guy, they all suck. Except for Bill Russell, I just can't find it in me to hate that guy. Paul Pierce will always be faker and a cry baby in my book.
Joe Johnson
I voted for Joe Johnson last year, when I was all over the Atlanta Hawks to win the Eastern Conference. I decided to go with Ben Gordon this year because he looks so cool in that Detroit Pistons jersey. I'm still egging on the Hawks to win the East since the Knicks are obviously not going to make the playoffs no matter how "mathematically possible" the statisticians claim it to be. I still love the Knicks, espescially when Kobe pours 61 points on them.
Rajon Rondo
Before I lose my temper and accuse the league of climbing a Boston bandwagon, I will give Rajon Rondo due praise for his active role in emerging as a valuable asset. I was watching NBA Live the other day and the commentator said, "Rajon Rondo and the Celtics coming into town". Did you notice how he didn't say, "Kevin Garnett and the Celtics" or maybe "Ray Allen and the Celtics"? It's clear how Rajon Rondo has just taken over this unit from out of nowhere, but if those green bastards think the have a shot at the title this year, they're delusional.
Derrick Rose
Another one of my picks, I am happy for him making the roster at such an early time in his career, reminds me of someone who wears the number twenty-four in Los Angeles, but obviously nothing of the caliber. Oh, his name is cool too. I'm gonna make that a topic soon.
Gerald Wallace
Last but not least, Gerald Wallace. I think Gerald Wallace is one of those players who should be in the dunk contest, but not the All-Star game. I don't care if he's been powering Charlotte for the entire season or if he's one of the most explosive players in the league, there's something about him that I just don't like, weird. I give him all the props though, peace Gerald Wallace, peace.
_________2010_________
I can't believe I finished that in one sitting, am I the best or what? The bench mob this year isn't as cool as I wanted it to be, but I'm also elated with how some guys like Kevin Durant, Al Horford and Derrick Rose made it. If only we can get Javaris Crittenton, Caron Butler and Lamar Odom in there... More All-Star coverage coming your way, I will be giving a preview of the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, so don't miss that.Forgive me for the following plug, I know it will be really off topic but Valentine's day is right around the corner, and the DLSZ Bloggers Society is trying to help promote the "Green Valentine's Day" thing here in school. That's happening on February 12, 2010 the event is also the SRCC's response to the Donate-a-plant project which promotes among students and staff the use of ornamental gifts instead of cut flowers. The purchased plant which comes with a certificate of donation, will be planted on the school campus and tagged with the name of the recipient. For more information visit the school website.
I would like to link you all to the best Lakers news source in the Philippines, 24/7 update and analysis straight from the Staples Center hardwood, The Lakeshow Express. Catch the next issue of DLSZ's Counterpoint, where my cheesy fantasies about Selena Gomez will be exposed. Of course if you are wondering if and how you can still help out the situation in Haiti, visit Unicef's relief efforts for more information. Finally, follow me on Twitter because I say so; @CarloHerrera.
Boston fan? Fanmail? Want to see Eva Longoria in the All-Star game? Hatemail? mailto;thecarlochronicles@yahoo.com


