
A flurry of unbelievable signings occurred today, Headlining them is Ron Artest joining the Lakers, Hedo Turkoglu packing for Toronto, and Trevor Ariza sadly making his way to Houston Texas. If you're wondering about the details of the contracts distributed today, here they are...
Due to the expired contracts of forwards Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest, a indirect switch was initiated due to Ariza's agent asking for a deal worth $30 million to $40 million from the Lakers who are already over the luxury tax of their salary cap, and still need the money to sign Lamar Odom. Without hesitation, Artest saw his chance to join L.A. the team he always wanted to be part of, considering his childhood pal Lamar Odom was there, so he took a huge paycut and offered his services for a mere $18 million.
Los Angeles Lakers acquire;
Ron Artest for $18,000,000 over 3 years.
Houston Rockets acquire;
Trevor Ariza for $33,000,000 over 5 years.
The Toronto Raptors, who were also in the chase for Ariza, were reported to have submitted the biggest offer to David Lee (Ariza's Agent, not the NYC forward), but Trevor turned it down cause he wanted to join Houston instead. After losing the Ariza race, they went to their back up plan, they signed forward Hedo Turkoglu. And you thought the Magic couldn't make things any worse, they just gave Hedo away!
If I were the General Manager of the Toronto Raptors, I wouldn't have signed Hedo, that was probably the biggest waste of money I've ever seen, taking into consideration that I already have Shawn Marion, DeMar DeRozan, Jason Kapono, and Joey Graham. With an abundance of perimeter shooters, slashers and having a solid post player in Chris Bosh, I would make a blockbuster and go for it all, I would initiate the following trade...
Trading block created by Toronto Raptors for San Antonio Spurs
Toronto sends: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Roko Ukic, Jake Voskhul, 2011 first-round pick, conditional 2012 second round pick, and $1.75M to San Antonio.
San Antonio sends: Tony Parker to Toronto.
This would be a great a great deal for Raptors fans, it's fullproof, I already did the math, this trade would send the Raptors roughly only $12M over the cap, and the Spurs would be about $9M over the cap. Imagine what that kind of Raptors team could achieve, this trade would automatically make the Raptors championship contenders. But I'm not the GM of the Toronto Raptors franchise, so too bad.
The Teen Choice Awards are on August 10, and I'm telling you this so that if you haven't yet, VOTE! Although it's going to be hosted by those gaylord Jonas Brothers, There's actually some awesome people who are nominated, so please vote for the following;
Best Athlete - Kobe Bryant
Red Carpet Icon - Eva Longoria Parker/Demi Lovato (this is a tough one)
Best Drama Series - 90210
TV Star - Demi Lovato for Sonny with a chance
Best Action Sport Athlete - Kelly Slater/Ryan Sheckler (your call, but I'd go with Kelly Slater)
Best Music Tour - Demi Lovato ft. David Archuleta (I hate David Archuleta)
Best Music Album - Abstain! Don't vote! Demi Lovato wasn't nominated! Don't Forget is the best album this year! How could it not be nominated!? Are you people on crack!? Abstain! Abstain! Abstain!
Oh, happy independence day to you guys in the states!
If the Toronto Raptors franchise would like to make me their General Manager in hopes of a championship, please feel free to contact me anytime. mailto;thecarlochronicles@yahoo.com


