
After a week of absence, I'm back and ready to give you guys my take on anything and everything that is happening right now, and the first thing I want to talk about is something all students can relate to, especially the ones who have extra-curriculars like myself on their load. Over the past week, I missed two days of school because of an abdominal problem, the doctors were trying to find out if it was appendicitis or kidney stones, I came back on Friday and had to catch-up like hell. I went back to the doctor yesterday morning, feeling better, I got my clearance and rushed to the tune-up game Coach Jolly had scheduled for our team that day. That evening, I had a scary experience while I was dozing off; I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move, but my mind was fully aware, it felt like I was paralyzed and suffocating at the same time. Honestly, I thought I was a gonner, but after about a minute, I recovered and I tried to gather myself. This was probably because of all the work given for the past few weeks; tests, long homeworks, reports, experiments, projects, you name it. Now, I'm going to be the bearer of bad news here; If five days weren't enough, I have just received word that La Salle will be having Saturday classes for three straight weeks. Yes, if you are my schoolmate, please feel free to shit yourself.
Breathe in, breathe out. Were you able to digest that? Good. Before we head on to the NBA talk, I was watching the local news two days ago, trying to find a topic for this blog, and it did not go so well, since it was all a bunch of crap. I did manage to get a good laugh out of it though; there was this girl on the news who was arrested for stealing a Cab, and when the media was asking questions, she had this to say:
""Keep your retards to yourself, don't you know your side comments are overstated coming from the garbage of a fool?" - Girl in the news.
Say what!? Amazing how stupid some people can be. Sorry that was totally out of topic.
Now on to what most of you have been itching to talk about, the NBA. We are just nine days away from the start of the regular season, and if you have been watching the preseason action, the Wizards are looking like they're in good shape, but Gilbert Arenas has been awfully quiet, he hasn't been talking to the media, refusing to give comments and what not, is he trying to be "emo"? Cause I hate "emo" people, they make the world even harder to live in, they're like human garbage. The big thing everyone is going crazy about today, is the Preseason shoot-out happening at the Staples Center. If you have no idea what this is, basically it's four NBA teams competing in a two-day tournament. The participants are the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Utah Jazz, and the Charlotte Bobcats. The bracket will be; Clippers vs. Jazz and Lakers vs. Bobcats. The winners face off the next day, and so do the losers, for third place. As I am writing this, the Clippers have just beaten the Jazz 103-96, and I am currently eating McDonald's while watching the Lakers and Bobcats game, with the Lakers leading 55-39 in the third quarter. Anyone want to bet with me, you can contact that e-mail below. Hey we might actually see a Lakers vs. Clippers chamionship game!
My parents bought me two books over the week from Barnes & Noble, both of which I asked for, "Character Driven" by Derek Fisher, and "Diary of a wimpy kid 4" by Jeff Kinney. Awesome. I finished Jeff Kinney's book in one day, it was good especially with that Heather Hills thing. I'm still working on Derek Fisher's book, but I already give it a thumbs up, great job D-Fish, in this book, he really shows us that we can get to anything by simply making the right decisions, good book, pick it-up guys. I said this over twitter recently, I was looking for someone who is willing to give me the latest copy of Candy Magazine, now before you trash me, I have a very good reason for this, that copy has a segment on Selena Gomez and DJ Jessica Mendoza in it, imagine that!? The two hottest girls ever in one magazine! The reason I wouldn't just go buy it myself, is because of the reaction the clerk might give me when she sees me buying that gay ass stuff. So yea, shout out to @patsanti for sending me her copy.
Let's close this out, in my next blog I'll be talking a bit about that new Christmas album with Jesse McCartney, Joridin Pruitt, Selena Gomez and the Honor Society. That should be good. Go get some cool Ateneo merchandise from Blue Crew Pinas, championship shirts are in the works, and they have a limited number of Rabeh Al-Hussaini A-crown shirts left, for any questions you can send an SMS to 09163835617 (Philippines). The NBA season is about to begin, with the Lakers gunning to defend their title, you can keep up with your favorite team, via The Lakeshow Express, your one stop source for all news that is purple and gold. Keep up with me and what's popping through Twitter, just follow @CarloHerrera. That does it for today's blog, I've got an event to go to so yea, I'll check in with you as soon as I can.
Comments? Hatemail? Fanmail? Want to advertise? mailto;thecarlochronicles@yahoo.com


